Monday, September 3, 2012

Seized

I am once again seized by knitfever.

Since mid-July I have completed two coffee cosies, some coasters, and a cowl. I am midway through a shawl on giant size 17 needles. I am also experimenting with the potato chip scarf.

 I have urges to visit local yarn shops everywhere I go. I bought some variegated yarn today. Why? I don't know. I have nothing to do with variegated yarns. I have no desire to do anything fair isle, entrelac, or intarsia. But when one is ill, one has symptoms. And my symptom, evidently, is yarn consumption. 

The recent seizure began with a mid-July vacation, when it occurred to me that I have time to knit in the car. When a passenger, of course. And this time riding in the car is time that I definitely cannot spend doing other "constructive" or work-y things, so why not?

Watch out. Some ghetto-looking knit gift may be headed your way. I am out of control. 

(Don't worry. It won't last long. It never does.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home