Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Mo' moxie!

I've knitted so much! I haven't shown you.

The key has been knitting gifts.  When there's a deadline there is a little bit of an excuse to knit rather than doing housework, you see [sheepish grin].

So, first there was Antarktis. Such a lovely pattern. I made this for MamaFong, who lost PapaFong last year. She was going to Paris for the holidays to get out of town and away from all that would sadden her.  She said her favorite color was pink. Others said they saw her in bright colors. Sooo... KnitPicks Diadem in tourmaline!

Wow, it was bright.  It was a very easy knit, but despite that, I kept screwing it up somehow. This was made all the more frustrating by the fact that the yarn I used was loosely spun and kept weaving into itself, making tinking quite difficult without breaking fine yarn strands.  In the end, it was lovely. But it didn't grow with blocking as much as I thought it would. I believe I should have done it on bigger needles.  Anyway, here it is.  (My first project that I've really truly blocked.)




My friend had a baby boy. I dug out some penguin parts, knitted way back in 2006! and sewed them together. Stuffed 'til round and adorable, and voila! Cuteness!



Ms. Mendoza had a birthday. She likes red. Moebius braid! Squishy and soft and lovely! I made this with Knitpicks Shine worsted, in Serrano. The yarn sheds like crazy. Kuh-razee.  Wouldn't recommend this yarn.




Did I never show you the end result of the Smithson hat?  Woops.  Here you go.




He says it's his favorite hat of all hats he's ever owned.  He is prone to hyperbole, but I'll take it!

Stuff for me?  Yes, there's some stuff for me I'm working on.

Natsu. Oh, Natsu. For our anniversary, MoxieMan bought me some pretty yarn. But it was variegated. I'm trying to make a Natsu out of it. It's not going well.



There was also the Lucy Hat. Of course! I did this in a weekend fit.  LOVE it-- but it's not quite the right size to fit the way it does on the model in the picture. Who cares? It's great.


So, that's all for now. I've got another gift on the blocking boards as we speak... post soon!

Too much moxie, even for me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home