Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Fit for a duchess

Wharf.

I'm not a northeast US kind of a girl (there's something about this pattern and the sample that says NE coast to me), but I like this.

An easy knit. Much quicker than I thought it would be.

And gorgeous.

The yarn is my first from KnitPicks that didn't shed.  It did grow immensely with wetblocking.

And fun!

And the colors? I asked the Duchess' husband (the Duke?) specifically what color to use. As in, what's your wife's favorite color?  I didn't hear back. For like a week. So I bought the colors I thought suitable.

And then I heard back from the Duke. He texted that he had to ask her in a sneaky way. And she responded with a very romantic answer. The color of the sky just before after a storm-- blue and grey and bright and clear.

NAILED IT!

I hope she loves it. Because I love her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home